Lemnos Island is located in the NE Aegean and features stunning sandy beaches, impressive archaeological sites and small villages that still are keeping the local color, with hospitable inhabitants. You can enjoy one of the most breathtaking sunsets looking at theMount Athos.
The beaches of Lemnos may not find anywhere in the Aegean. Whether you want hot or cold water, if you are like the sailing, Lemnos is the place of your destination. Worth visiting:
1. The "Shallow Waters" in Myrina
2. Avlonaw on the road to Kaspakas
3. Agios Ioannis in Kaspakas
4. Beach Nevgati after Thanos
5. The beach in the village of Plati
6. Beach Thanous
7. Keros village Kontopouli
8. Gomati in Sardes
9. Fanaraki and Havouli.
10. Parthenomytos in Agia Sofia
11. "Kokkinovrahos" in Kaminia.
Myrina is dominated by the Venetian Castle. There you can see dozens of deer variety DAMA - DAMA.
Shortly after Sardes on the way to the beach Gomati, do not forget to visit the area "Fat Sandy", an area reminiscent of the desert, surrounded by lush greenery you will not find anywhere else in Greece.
It also helps if the weather off the coast of East Lemnos, you can see very clearly Samothrace, Imbros and Tenedos yet.
1. In "Poliochni" must visit the oldest parliament in the world and one of the first organized societies in Europe.
2. In "Hephaestia", according to mythology was the seat of the god Hephaestus.
3. The "Kabeiria" which still remain a mystery, the ceremonies taking place there in ancient times.
4. In Kotsina believed to have buried the wife of the last Byzantine emperor, Constantine Palaeologus.